System and Business analysis are important directions in IT consulting. Being closely connected, these disciplines, however, have certain differences between them. Let’s describe briefly both of these fields.
Business analysis deals mainly with enterprise objectives and ways to achieve them. A narrower field is business systems analysis which focuses on the same, but with respect to computer systems.
What tasks do ISS Art specialists solve when conducting business analysis?
- In the first place, Client’s objectives and preferences need to be discovered;
- The desired outcomes need to be precisely identified as well (figures are preferred);
- Non-functional and functional requirements should be gathered;
- Of course, it’s necessary to understand Customer’s business specifics.
Why going for business analysis?
Let’s outline the benefits it brings to companies.
- It can help in preventing inaccurate requirements formulation and unrealistic goals setting;
- The obtained information related to what a final product should look like is transformed into a proper format and transferred further to programming and testing teams, so that everyone involved has the same vision of what they are working on;
- As requirements change, it’s a duty of business analysts to identify how this affects the project scope;
- After the product is finally delivered and launched, it’s great to measure its success as well to define further enhancements.
As to system analysis, this process involves studying a system (the existing one or the desired one) and its components and seeing how these parts interact with one another, what works properly and what requires improvement.
System analysis scope of work in our practice includes:
- Utilizing the existing IT resources in a company and defining the required ones;
- Documenting system requirements;
- Defining the suitable platforms and programming tools;
- Development of structured technical documentation based on data gathered during business analysis;
- Preparing use cases to illustrate certain scenarios.
What benefits does system analysis bring to enterprises?
ISS Art experience speaks of the following:
- It contributes a lot to cutting expenses – if everything works properly, no bug fixing is required;
- The overall quality of an app is ensured, which is likely to result in optimized performance or increased profit further
Obviously, no one knows your business better than you do. Our approach is to discuss the workflow and to define if any improvements are needed. If yes, the next step will be to define what needs to be enhanced.
We’ll help to see the system “from the side” and work out the details of improvements needed. Our guys have experience of diving into such domain areas as inventory, construction, economics.
We are glad to provide the system and business analysis solutions you need. We are waiting for you to contact us.